WHAT TYPE OF CONTENT GETS RANKED HIGH ON SEARCH ENGINES?
Over the years search algorithms for search engines have evolved tremendously. To successfully keep up with these changes, it is very important that businesses continually serve content which will continually be optimized for users to get answers to their questions easily. All these facts are natural and factual concepts which we as humans may ordinarily not see as something necessary unless our attention is brought to it.
From available data and the desire to deliver better service to its users, google has invested a good amount of money on research on how users can find information which gives the best answer to their question. When search engines were new, webmasters were able to use a series of blackhat tricks to get their websites to rank high on search engine results page (SERP). Presently SERPs are delivered based on the searchers intent. Those blackhat tricks when used today will only land you penalties. This is made possible by the complexity and robustness of these search engines. These search engines deliver content that answers the users intend based on the following micro-moments:
- The I – want – to – buy moment
- The I – want – to – know moment
- The I – want – to – go moment
- The I – want – to – do moment
Google categorizes your content based on these intends and tries to serve the one appropriate for a particular search query.
Google has recently released the AMP pages, which tries to serve the I–want–to–know intent of the user by delivering content to users speedily. For instance, the AMP will come in handy when a customer needs get urgent information about a product when shopping in a mall. As all they need displayed is the basic required information at that point in time.
HOW CAN BRANDS ADAPT TO THE INTENT FOCUSED SERP
- Study the user’s intent within the various micro moments. Brands need to know what people are looking for and serve information based on that.
- Write down those keywords that best describes your understanding of the user intent. Which micro moment will impact your visitor better at different stages? For example, the most important moment for new visitors is I – want – to – know, while the most important towards the end that ensure answers as guiding them to the I – want – to – buy.
- Study what is displayed on the SERP for your chosen keywords. This is a smart thing to do. Study your competition to know the different strategies which they have applied to get to where they are presently. This will help you develop a better strategy.
- Create content that is optimized with the SERP in mind. With a good understanding of what your competition is already doing, this equips you to create a content which not only stands you out but gives you an opportunity to provide something better.
- A fusion between SEO and SEM is paramount. This ensures that your content is optimized for the SERP in view. Search engine marketing has a way of getting search engines to take you more seriously.
In essence, what gets any page ranked high for search is anyone which best describes the intent of the person performing the search. Google’s algorithm is always being programmed to better understand the intent of the person doing the search. This and a couple of other points are factors a brand should put into consideration when developing a strategy for digital marketing. Check out this post about keyword intent on wordstream.com
- 5 WAYS TO INCREASE SOCIAL MEDIA ENGAGEMENT ORGANICALLY - April 2, 2017
- TOP SOCIAL MEDIA TRENDS TO WATCH OUT FOR IN 2017 - February 19, 2017
- Which E-Commerce Platform Is The Best Choice For Your Online Store? - February 2, 2017
- Lessons from the new Linda Ikeji Social Media Platform(LIS) - November 4, 2016
- WHAT TYPE OF CONTENT GETS RANKED HIGH ON SEARCH ENGINES? - November 4, 2016
- Uncommon digital marketing terms explained - November 4, 2016
- What Local SEO can do for your Business - November 4, 2016
- How Telecomm Operators can improve lives with health API Economy - October 20, 2016
- The impact of duplicate content on SEO - October 13, 2016
- What every business owner should know about owning a website - October 13, 2016